Visit visa renewal KSA is available for certain categories at the Ksa Passport General Directorate. However, renewal will have to be requested well in advance of the visa expiration. Therefore, if you go past the visa expiration date without renewing it, it will result in fines or even deportation.
In this article, you will learn what you need to know regarding visit visa renewal and how easy it can be to extend your visa. In the same way, we will show you the requirements that you must have to do this process successfully.
How to Apply for Visa Renewal Online
You can do the visit visa renewal KSA through the web as well as in person. Next, we will show you how to do the whole process online with just a few steps:
- Enter the Absher platform and login.
- In the list of electronic services, click on Passport Services.
- Now, select service – Visit Visa Extension.
- Enter the required data as well as the attached files.
- In the next step, you must pay the fee.
- Finally, send your request.
Likewise, the online services that provide the authorities of the country are easy to use and will save you time.
Saudi Visa Extension Offline
In addition to the online route, you can request the visa renewal Saudi Arabia even if for some reason you are offline. Hence, to apply for the visa offline, visit the Jawazat offices near your home. You can also make an appointment through the Absher app and finish the process at the office.
However, please note that, if you are outside of Saudi Arabia, you will not be able to use Absher.
Visit visa renewal Saudi Arabia
Through statements from the Ministry of Tourism of the country, you should know that it is not possible to renew the tourist visa. Thus, as the validity date of the document approaches, the visitor must leave Saudi Arabia. Therefore, the previous processes are no longer valid concerning this document so you have to take this into account.
Family visit visa extension for multiple entries
Regarding the visit visa renewal KSA for family members of citizens, you can renew them on the Absher platform. However, according to the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat), they must do so 7 days before the expiration date. Additionally, if you do not leave the country until three days after the visa expires, the authorities will fine you.
Single Entry Family Visit Visa Extension
As in the previous case, you can renew a single entry visa for your family members 7 days before expiration. Additionally, the applicant must possess valid health insurance and the validity of the visa must not exceed 6 months (180 days). The renewal process for this type of visa can be carried out through the Absher platform.
Obtain health insurance for Saudi visit visa renewal
As we mentioned, the applicant for the visa renewal KSA for family members must have health insurance. This insurance must cover the full extension of the validity of the requested visa. However, you must obtain insurance from one of the companies authorized in the country for this purpose:
- Arabian Shield Cooperative Insurance
- Arabia Cooperative Insurance
- Al-Etihad Cooperative
- Al-Sagr Cooperative Health Insurance
- AXA Cooperative
- Allied Cooperative Insurance Group (ACIG)
- Al-Rajhi Takaful
- Saudi Enaya
To check the validity of your health insurance for the visit visa renewal KSA, you only have to enter the Absher platform. To do this, you just have to follow the steps that we will describe below:
- First, you must log in to your Absher account
- Click Inquiries and then Family Members
- Then, select Consult Medical Insurance.
- Choose the family member to see the validity of their health insurance.
Visa renewal visa extension news
Jawazat announced that the renewal of a multiple-entry visit visa for the family will require compliance with exit regulations. That is, after 3 months, visa holders must leave the country before continuing with the renewal process. Likewise, if you do not comply with these requirements, you will receive fines on the 3rd day of the expiration date.
On the other hand, concerning the single-entry visit family visa, it can be extended through the account of the person requesting it through Absher. Also, it will have to be done 7 days before the expiration date and with the condition of meeting certain conditions. One of the obligated conditions is that the applicant must have up-to-date medical insurance with the conditions required for the procedure.
Furthermore, the extension of the document should not exceed 180 days (6 months). The government of Saudi Arabia has extended the validity period of the single entry visa from 30 days to 3 months. Therefore the time for visit visa renewal KSA is a little more flexible.
Process of Visa Renewal in KSA
Below you will learn the Saudi visit visa renewal procedure step by step:
- Fill out the visa extension application online. To do this, go to the Absher website and fill out the application form. For this, you will need to have your Iqama number and your personal information at hand.
- Pay visa fees. Generally, the rate is SAR 2000, however, it may vary.
- Go to the Jawazat office. Upon arrival, present your original passport, your previous visa, the printed photocopy of the application, and fee payment receipts. Additionally, your fingerprints will be taken.
- Wait for the extension to process. At Jawazat they will review your request and give you a response in 7 or 15 days.
- To know the application status of the process of your visa, visit your Absher account.
- Pick up the passport. When the visa renewal is ready, you can go get your passport with the new visa extended in Jawazat. Likewise, the extension is normally for 1 year.
Additionally, the renewal process must be computed sometime before the expiration of your visa. For this reason, it is recommended to request it 2 or 3 weeks in advance, before the expiration of the visa. In addition, it is advisable that you additionally carry employment contracts and qualification certificates if you are a student or worker.
Saudi Visa Extension Status Check
Next, we will show you how to check visit visa renewal through the steps detailed below:
- Log in to your Absher account
- Select the General Services option then Passports
- Now, click on the Tawasul service
- Finally, click on Request Applications and you can see the status of your Saudi visa renewal.
Requirements for Saudi Arabia Visa Renewal
The visit visa renewal KSA applications are reserved for people who have valid work visas or residence permits. However, to apply you must have a valid visa and then have the following documents on hand:
To extend the visa, it is necessary to present an original passport with a validity period of 6 months after entry. Likewise, it must contain 2 blank pages where the visa will be printed and must be in good condition and legible for the system.
Submit a passport-size photo. This photograph must be in color with a white background and with a front view of his face. Also, you will not be able to wear glasses or any accessories that are not religious. Additionally, they should be sharp and printed on good-quality photo paper.
Also, the photograph must be from the last three months before the request you will make. Moreover, do not glue the photos to the form since any type of adhesives or staples are not allowed.
Letter of Introduction
Your sponsor must give you a cover letter addressed to the Consular Section and must contain details of the reasons for the extension request. Likewise, the letter must be certified by the MOFA or Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Proof of Arrival
To find out if you have been approved for renewal, you will need to visit the Absher website and log in to your account. In addition, you must present the approval copy with your application to the Saudi Embassy in your country of origin.
Proof of Travel Arrangements
For the visit visa renewal KSA application, you will need a copy of the flight confirmation from your country to the Kingdom. This way, the authorities can confirm that your travel agenda is real and you can comply with the law.
Photocopy of Supporting Documents
In addition to your request, you must submit a photocopy of the following documents:
- Valid Saudi residence permit
- The previously issued exit or re-entry visa, which expired no more than one month before the application date.
E- Number Application Form
This form must be presented in the original, completely filled out, and signed. You should also print each sheet separately on A4 paper with a blank back.
Visa Application Form
Also, submit the completed visa form following the following guidelines:
- The black ink is only for completing the form.
- Data must be written in capital letters.
- The applicant is the one who must fill out the form.
- Additionally, you cannot make changes to your writing or use correction fluid.
- you must submit the completed form
Additionally, if you intend to enter via the causeway between Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, please check the terms and conditions beforehand. Likewise, when you apply you will not be able to go back nor will you be able to recover the passport before the entire renewal process is completed.
Therefore, you cannot ask to speed up the process, and only in case of a strict emergency will the embassy be able to return the passport. However, you will have to present a good justification to the embassy so that it can be returned to you within 48 hours.
Visit visa renewal KSA process will be canceled, and to restart it, you will have to start all over again. On the other hand, to purposely cancel the visa, you must submit your written request to the Saudi embassy. Additionally, you need to know that the approval or denial of the extension will be the exclusive decision of the embassy. Also, the embassy will charge a fee for the processes carried out.
Benefits of Visit Visa Renewal in Saudi Arabia
Visit visa renewal KSA will bring you some benefits worth considering if you are making your life in the country. Likewise, extending your visa on time will benefit you from the following:
- You will not have to pay fines for overtime
- It will allow you to continue with the activities you have been doing in the country.
- It will allow you to continue living legally in the country
- You will not have to go through a legal sanction or deportation
- You also will not have to worry, if you are an employee, about being punished for not reporting your visa expiration.
Renewal is a hassle-free process, so comply with the law if you need to stay in the country.
Understanding Visa Renewal Costs
Visa renewal fees may vary, but generally, for a regular extension, you will pay around SAR 2000. Likewise, you can pay it through Absher with your debit or credit card before going to the Jawazat offices. Likewise, there are some slightly higher fees such as the student fee of SAR 2200. In addition, there may be additional charges for urgent processing or for applying late.
These fees are non-refundable and will be lost if the renewal request is not approved. Thus, make sure you have all the above requirements handy so that you can get it.
Visit visa renewal KSA will be possible if the sponsor provides you with the cover letter and it is certified by MOFA. In addition, the applicant must have a valid residence permit and all the documents as requested. Also, consider the work hours of embassies and consulates when processing the extension.
If you would like to receive a consultation regarding this process, our staff will be available to do so by simply contacting us.